Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Arrrgggghhhhhh...


I hate sleeping. It's just pure frustration. I can't do it, so I hate it. Sleep should be a good thing, right? I should look forward to it and wake up feeling refreshed.
I can't fall asleep at night, so I have to take something to keep me from being up for days. I've tried everything on the market, and the one I take works the best, but still not that well. I wake up too early, I can't fall back to sleep.

I hate it.

Last night was a typical night's sleep.
I started out reading and/or watching TV, which I have to do to make my mind tired enough to fall asleep. I turn on my nature sounds of a rainstorm to block out any other noises (my ideal sleeping conditions would be an abandoned mine shaft somewhere, where there was absolutely no light and no sound for miles). And I fall asleep. For a few hours if I'm lucky. But now I've not fallen asleep until well after midnight and wake up at the crack of dawn. I try to will myself back to sleep. I try relaxation excercises like concentrating on every part of my body falling asleep. I focus on the sound of the rainstorm and it is comforting for awhile. If I have to go to the bathroom, I don't - because I know that I can put myself back to sleep no matter how bad that particular problem is, but if I get up, I'm awake for good. When the sun comes up, I have to make sure I'm facing a certain way because my blinds suck and the light keeps me awake.

There is just so much noise. Just noise.

The sound of the spa pump coming on, then I anticipate the sprinklers; both things I've tried to change but am electronically inept enough to have no success so far. There's the neighbors dog barking. I want to kill him. Sometimes he gets my dog going and she runs outside to start barking. If I lock her dog door at night, she sits in the house and barks. Noise.

And now I'm awake enough to start thinking. Crap.

I think about everything - my kids and what they are going through at the moment, my job situation, my relationships, my bills. Good things, bad things. All things.

I can't turn it off.

I.just.hate.sleeping.

3 comments:

John said...

As a lifetime sleeper, I can honestly say, "I. love. sleeping."

I must say though, lately I've had minor bouts with insomnia myself and know I would be completely wacko if I were in your shoes. It's not fun!!

melinda hovland said...

stranger, stranger.... call me we have to catch up!!! 815-814-5002

ali vefa said...

Sohbet odaları
Sohbet
Chat
Chat Sohbet
Sohbet
Chat
mirc indir
mirc
Chat
Sohbet
Sohbet
Chat
Sohbet
Chat
Sohbet
Chat
cinsel sohbet
cinsel chat
cinsel sohbet
cinsel chat
mirc
mirc indir
sohbet
mirc
mirc
oltutası
oltutası
oltutasi
cinsel sohbet
cinsel chat
cinsel sohbet odaları
seks sohbet
chat
sohbet