Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hi. My Name is Steph...and I am a Coupon Whore.

There's got to be a 12 step program for me somewhere. When I go to the grocery store, I pride myself on the fact that I can get at least $30 taken off my bill by clipping coupons. I never buy anything I don't need, but I have figured out that the coupons that come out in the current Sunday paper are the same things that Ralph's discounts for that week, so using the coupon that week is key. I know what you're thinking, but don't be jealous. I know you wish you were as clever as me and had my exciting life. You can!
It's not just grocery store coupons, but every kind of store. Let me give you an example...today I checked the mail. I had easily a week's worth of mail in there. Being a new homeowner, I've been bombarded with discounts on shutters, landscaping, lighting, closets, etc. I look at every one, tossing the ones I know I'll never use. Today was the best! Not only did I have a cool IKEA coupon for $20 off a purchase of $100 or more, but I got this other coupon for my local pharmacy. All I have to is transfer a prescription to get a $20 gift card! I'm on it! This was the best of all...a place called BevMo, Beverages and More, whose slogan is "You can't go wrong!" No kidding! It's a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $30 or more. Whoo-hoo! And on the coupon is a picture of SKYY Vodka, the most important ingredient in my killer apple martinis. On the back of the flyer was a picture of a bottle of expensive champage and a couple of glasses and it said, "You're surrounded by boxes - you deserve a drink!" My thoughts exactly!! :)
I got another catalog with home furnishings where I ordered a new set of pots and pans and a toaster to match my new kitchen decor. I had two separate discounts, so I ordered them separately to get both. So I saved $20 instead of 10. I'm telling you - I'm cheap!
So in the morning, I'm off to BevMo to check out what they've got! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious. i wish i had your coupon savvy.

Jenni said...

Coupon clipping takes patience of which I do not have. I admire that though...I'm too much of a spaz to clip coupons.