Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday Memories 2.13.06

 
 Posted by Picasa

Saturday was my daughter's Winter Formal. Her first, since she's a freshman. What a beauty, huh? Of course I had my emotional, sentimental moments when I saw how pretty and grown up she is. And I must add...in my objective and unprejudiced opinion, my daughter was by far the most beautiful and graceful girl there. :)
What was cute is that I went by myself to the lake to take pictures although I can think of a few people who wished they could have gone with me. I didn't want to embarrass her by bringing an entourage with cameras. When we got there and met her date, he brought both his parents, his grandfather, his older brother and his brother's girlfriend! His grandfather kept coming up to me and picking up my hand saying, "Oh my goodness...she is beautiful!" He took the words right out of my mouth.
He was such a sweetheart, as was the rest of his family.

It was a girl ask guy dance, so we took care of everything financially...

Dress, shoes, purse, jewelry..............$175.00
Ticket to get into the dance..............$110.00
Limo and dinner for two................... $80.00
Boutonniere for her date...................$11.00
Manicure/Pedicure/Hair/Make-up............$100.00

My baby's memories of her first formal....PRICELESS

> 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

how absolutely beautiful are you two!

Jen said...

You're both beautiful! What a sweet post!

My memory is up :-)

Megan said...

Holy crap, that's you and your daughter? Were you like 5 when you gave birth?? Not only do you have a gorgeous girl, her mom's a hottie as well.

What a beautiful picture and a wonderful memory for your daughter to have.

Yay for the family being so wonderful. What a sweet, sweet grandfather that boy has.

Jenni said...

Awwwww! Mother and Daughter both absolutely striking! She looks SO grown up from the last picture! You must bring more to PV...only 26 days away!!! WOO-HOO!

(My word verification includes the name "joan" which is MY moms name! Sweet!)

John said...

The picture is priceless too!! I'm guessing 'grampa' had much moe than an eye for beauty, he could just feel it. The two of you are STUNNING!

Steph said...

MEGAN!!! My new best friend!! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your daughter is absolutely Gorgeous! It's no wonder you are so proud....and that is a lovely picture of you both and one can see where she gets her beauty from!

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

which one is the daughter?

carmilevy said...

How blessed you both are. It's inspiring to read this. You've certainly planted some very strong seeds in her.

Viamarie said...

Wow! You both look like sisters...very beautiful sisters.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

Trinity13 said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Btw, I love that pic of the two of you! You are both very beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Make sure his folks kick in for the wedding. They are responsible for the flowers,the band,limos and honeymoon.