Thursday, March 31, 2005

Whad'ya Think?

Terry Shiavo passed away today after 13 days without food or water. That's three days longer than any physically healthy human being is expected to live without any kind of hydration, which tells me she was much stronger than anyone thought. What's ironic is that just yesterday the Pope was put on the same type of feeding tube, unable to eat or drink any longer. You think any high court is going to step in and insist that it be removed? What if one of the Pope's relatives decides (since he's unable to speak for himself any longer) that he probably wouldn't want to live like this any longer? Think anyone will be pulling that tube out any time soon? I don't think so. I certainly don't think they should. But it does sadden me that since he is a religious leader, he will be spared because his life has more perceived value than Terry Schiavo's.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to say that although I think that's a little sick, it's SO funny!!!

erl said...

you know what, i completely agree with you. damn straight.