Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Another One Bites the Dust...Hey! Hey!"



I just saw Queen on Monday night! Yes!!! I know this dates me! I don't even care - it was one of the greatest concerts ever! "How does Queen manage to put on a concert without Freddy Mercury?" you may be wondering. By getting Paul Rogers - formerly of Bad Company - to fill in. He was awesome!! It was a combination of Queen songs and Bad Company, and a total flashback night for me. And by the way, I'm pretty sure Paul Rogers wants to marry me. Yeah, so he's short and old - so am I!

I went with my friend Chera, who is a great time even on a slow night! We had a BLAST!! We even bought cheesy tie-dyed T-Shirts in the parking lot with old pictures of Freddy Mercury on them (which we know we'll never wear, but that's okay!). We sang at the top of our lungs and drunk-dialed all of our Queen-fan friends during their favorite songs!

On the way to the concert, my friend Kirk called and stayed on the phone with us for awhile while we were on our way. Even the ride up was a blast. Before he hung up, he said that if we drank too much and couldn't drive home, to call him and he would come pick us up, which was a totally sweet offer. Then he told us to call him during "Another One Bites the Dust" his favorite Queen song. He hung up saying, "Remember...call me if you need anything!" So when they played that song toward the end of the concert, we called him up so he could hear it and then I said, "Hey Kirk! You know how you said to call you if we needed anything. Well, we REALLY need another beer, but we don't want to miss this song. Could you work that out for us, sweetie? Thanks!"

In the spirit of Paul Rogers wanting to marry me, I've created a little short film depicting our first encounter. The part I'm most stoked about is that I found an actress who looks exactly like me. Check it out...

A Match Made in Heaven

10 comments:

Jenni said...

HAHAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! Steph, you're a stitch.

ThursdayNext said...

"Fat Bottomed Girls" is my favorite Queen song. :) I am so jealous that you saw them. Glad that it was fun!

John said...

Okay. That's just funny Steph!! And, not that I'm surprised, but you're SUCH a good actress! Who knew?!

~A~ said...

*LOL* Michele sent me.

Glad you had a great time at the concert. I love Queen too.

Great film too.

utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Steph.

Queen is really good. I saw a concert of theirs back in the early 80s. I've never seen them without Mercury though.

That's a pretty interesting Flash film, Steph. I'm not sure about the resemblance between you and the cartoon girl though. She did have a certain something going for her tho... LOL

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Here from Michele's tonight! Sounds like you had a BLAST! Good for you. Are we all invited to the wedding, btw??? (lol)

jennypenny said...

As a Queen fan how do you feel about the theme of this coming weeks American Idol being "Queen". Kinda scares me a little. I seem some serious butchering of great classic songs coming on Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

Steph said...

Naranja - No, he wasn't from San Clemente, he grew up in Mission Viejo. I ended up becoming friends with his little brogher later on in High School, and after Jeff graduated, he went seriously down hill, ending up in jail. Once again, God saved me from myself with that one! :)

Jennypenny - I'm excited to see what happens on American Idol! At least you know the bald guy will nail it! I put my money on him for this week.

Barry said...

Queen or Bad Company rocks!!!

Sheila said...

I just kind of happened upon your blog and I laughed so hard. I keep telling my friends the I'm going to marry Paul Rodgers. Maybe we can alternate weeks? Your film inspired me to make my own.
I'm very jealous that you got to see him live. I'm hoping that someday I'll be able to as well.