Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Words I Wish I Wrote...

Many years ago I bought a book called Words I Wish I Wrote by Robert Fulgham. You might know him from his "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" essay. The book was filled with quotes, song lyrics, even Scriptures that particularly moved him. I fell in love with the idea and several years ago started my own. One of my favorites is the quote at the top of my blog.

My friend John particularly appreciated mine, so one year for his birthday I got him started on his own copy, leaving all but a couple of the pages blank, ready to be filled with his own version of words he wished he wrote (and by the way, if you would like to be lifted up, read his incredible post called "The Night Is Young And So Is She").

I am so blessed by the wisdom and humor of others and I decided to share a little of it on my blog. So here's the first installment of Words I Wish I Wrote, by Steph....

I love this quote, because it really reminds me of myself!

"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries"
~Theodore Isaac Rubin

4 comments:

John said...

Wow, that IS a great quote. I see myself in it...except for maybe 'talk too much', unless, of course I've had one too many beers. :)
p.s. thanks for your kind words in my direction.

Anonymous said...

great quote. it definitely applies to me also.

ThursdayNext said...

That is a beautiful way to say love thyself. :)

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Steph...I think we all, at times, need to be reminded that we are loveable and it starts by loving ourself. Thanks for the reminder.