Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So Sweet...



You've heard me mention my friend, John. If you haven't, feel free to read this and get caught up. He's an incredible man and I'm blessed to know him. Well John sends me flowers quite often - he's just like that. He sends them every year for my birthday, but mostly he sends them for no reason at all. Today he sent them because he knows the last day of the month is particularly stressful for me at work. What more could a girl ask for? (Yeah, John...that was just for you ;) **

Since he lives in Washington and I live in Southern California, John never gets to see the flowers he sends. And every time I receive them, I say the same thing..."They're so beautiful! I wish you could see them. I'll send you a picture of them!" And I never do. I'm a flake like that. This nice man sends me flowers and I can't even break out the digital camera before they die, to show him the beauty he has added to my life.

So today's the day...I'm turning over a new me! ;)

And what did I tell ya? Yup - They're beautiful!!!

And by the way..."Hey, John! As always...Thank you, my sweet friend."

**Just a little side bar...John jokingly asked me that very question when we spoke tonight and my answer was, "A firmer ass. A girl can always ask for a firmer ass!" ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm now in love with john. how awesome is he! he are so lucky to have a friend like him.

Jenni said...

Dear John,
My end of the month is very stressful too.
I like tulips.
Thanks,
Jenni

Just kidding.

Steph! That is awesome, to have friends like that is priceless.
Great job last month!

John said...

Wow those are pretty flowers! I had no idea I was such a good flower-picker-outer :)

You wanna know what's even prettier? Your sense of enjoyment. It's always there. Always at the ready. You're like a jewel ready to sparkle. Thanks for shining your brilliance my way, my friend.

p.s. still working on that 'firm ass' thing...but I gotta say it looks good from here ;)

Barry said...

Nice to have friends like John... and LOL at Jenni for shamelessly asking for tulips!!!

Slim said...

Is John real? Because, um, this quote, "You wanna know what's even prettier? Your sense of enjoyment. It's always there. Always at the ready. You're like a jewel ready to sparkle. Thanks for shining your brilliance my way, my friend." made me gush, and it's not even about me.

Beautiful. Both of you. You made me smile big.