Thursday, September 21, 2006

I've Figured Out What You Can Get Me For My Birthday...

In the last few weeks I've gotten hundreds, possibly thousands, of inquiries as to what one can get the girl who seemingly has everything. And I understand your dilemma, what with only two shopping days left. After much thought, I'm ready to tell everyone what they can pick up for me in the next couple of days...

Williams Sonoma.

Yeah. The store. The whole thing.
What? You're afraid it won't fit in your truck/SUV/sedan/Smart Car?
Yeah, that might be a problem.

I was in there today picking up a few things for the first of many birthday celebrations tonight, and I decided it would be much easier to have the entire store at my disposal. Isn't that the greatest, albeit overpriced, store on the planet?
I love it. I want one of each.

By the way, to spare all of my family and friends the unnecessary stress of my birthday being a mere 48 hours away, and most of them feeling like the celebration couldn't possibly be over that quickly...I've decided to forgo my previous practice of having a "birthday month" and adopt the "birthday quarter."
Yes, a typical quarter would end at the end of September, but mine is just beginning. So I'm officially celebrating my birthday from now until November 30th.

(But that's a whole lot better than cryin' about it, don't you think? ;)

12 comments:

twobuyfour said...

My sister typically celebrates her birthday throughout an entire month. She is of the opinion that one day is too short to perform the type of celebration she requires each year. That seems like an awfully long time to celebrate a single birthday. Why not just have one day and be done with it? How much partying could one girl warrant?

And how's your mother?

Barry said...

Happy birthday - I never heard of that store

just enjoy it with family and friends

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish you a premature HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, in 48 hours! (lol) I hope all your many v=celebrations are lots and lots of fun!
I'll be checking out what one William Sonoma Store might cost...I'll get back to you shortly...!

shpprgrl said...

What a great gift. I agree! I'll need to check on my credit limit first...K?

:)

shpprgrl said...

Oh, by the way...Happy Birthday! :)

twobuyfour said...

Maybe you could just kind of move in to W/S like the Natalie Portman character did to a WalMart in "Where the Heart is".

Steph said...

2X4 ~ Chalk it up to another difference between men and women (in addition to communication!). One day is certainly NEVER enough to celebrate the day we were born. Thanks for asking about my mom - she's doing great. Recovering very well, and getting a boatload of attention in the process, so all is well in her world.
And I think you may be onto something about me moving into WS. Hadn't thought of it but I like it!

Barry ~ Thank you so much! I did enjoy it with family and friends and I had an incredible day!

Naomi and shpprgrl ~ I knew you'd come through! I'm already looking into purchasing the empty lot next door so I'll be ready when it's delivered. And just think - for your birthdays I can send you something from my store, so truly it's a win-win! ;)

Slim said...

So, it's official, you're old now.

I'm just kidding of course! I hope you had a marvelous birthday, surrounded by those you love.

Did you at least get some toys from WS?

afromabq said...

hi steph - i've spent the past hour reading your blog and man are we connected on so many levels. steeler fan, divorced 10 years, 2 boys that i raised, etc.. your "100 things about you" cracked me up and again found lots of similarities. i especially loved your "i'm having a moment" post. can totally relate since i too have many friends and family, but damn, why do i feel lonely at times! hope you don't mind, but i'm gonna link you. i know i'll enjoy reading your posts from now on!

afromabq said...

ooooh....happy belated birthday!!

ThursdayNext said...

Happy Belated Birthday! :) Great minds desire alike...lol. My whole wishlist is "Williams Sonoma." I live for visits to the store and for the catalog. Have you checked out their amazing recipe database????

Anonymous said...

hey steph. sent u a link to my flickr account at the old email i had for you. sorry you didn't get it. email me your new address and i'd be happy to let you see my pics. :)