Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, JOHN!!

It's John's birthday today! Yup. He's the big 2-9.
Oh my gosh - I wonder if he knows how close he is to being officially old like me. ;) If you aren't familiar with John, please read this before you do anything else.

Seriously.

Go.

Read it - we'll wait.

Now that you know how incredible this man is, let me offer this...
In honor of my sweet friend John, my words sadly fall short, so I thought I would call on some old and familiar friends to help me out...

By one of my favorite authors...
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
- Francois Mocuriac

"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter."
- Marlene Dietrick

John, you are all of these to me. My life is richer for knowing you. My soul sleeps more soundly at night knowing you're my friend.
And on this incredibly special day that you were born, I know that God is looking down on this earth and smiling at who you've become.

Love is at it's best when you have others to divide it with. May your coming year be filled with long division.

I love you, my friend. May your day be blessed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are awesome.

John said...

Steph, YOU are awesome!! Thank you so much for the honor it is to be called your friend. No one is as adept at putting a smile on my face as you are. Your friendship has been an indescribable gift to me. It is the sweetest dividend of love. You know the way you feel when you get flowers unexpectedly? Multiply that by a hundred. And should I live to be a hundred, I will still count you as one of my dearest friends.

Thank you, immensely!

John said...

p.s. Thanks to you I shall remain forever at the big 2-9...in my dreams :)

Anonymous said...

Steph,

You honor my friend John. Thank you and well done.

Mark

ThursdayNext said...

It seems that everyone who is special is having a birthday this week! :)

Jenni said...

Dear John,

Will you be my friend too?

Jenni

John said...

Dear Jenni,

Of course! Any friend of Steph's is a friend of mine :)

John

Barry said...

Steph - and John - I think you deserve each other as friends.

and that is a good thing