Monday, January 09, 2006

To Preparation H or not to Preparation H...Now THAT is the question...

I don't think Shakespeare would mind me borrowing his line for such an important topic, do you?

So I'm in Target yesterday and as I'm walking past an aisle in the Health & Beauty section, the Preparation H catches my eye. A little background on this should be that I'm turning 40 this year. Yes the big 4-0. I cannot tell you how much I'm hating it. I feel old. I'm getting wrinkles I never had before. I have under eye puffiness. Which brings me back to the Preparation H story. Ladies, you all know what I'm talking about, but does it work? That was my big dilemma while standing in the Health & Beauty section of Target yesterday. Well, that and having to explain to my 10 year old what one would usually use Preparation H for. For years it's been rumored that this stuff gets rid of bags under your eyes but I've never known anyone who actually tried it. I Googled it and got conflicting opinions. The makers of Preparation H say it doesn't work for this problem, but what are they going to say when thousands of women go blind from putting ass cream too close to their eyes and they have lawsuits on their hands? They have to make some disclaimer. I'm convinced that if it does work, they're keeping it quiet and marketing the exact same formula at Bloomingdale's for $75 an ounce. Being the pioneer that I am, YES I bought the Preparation H and am willing to share all of my under eye puffiness research. I even bought the colorless, odorless, soothing gel formula for maximum comfort. I'll keep you posted.

My results so far...

Day 1 - Nothing. I put it on three times in a two hour period last night and so far nothing. Woke up this morning with puffy eyes.

But I'm not giving up! What kind of a pioneer would I be? Where would the hundreds of thousands of women who currently read my blog (alright, maybe not hundreds of thousands) turn for this vital information if I give up now? Don't worry, ladies. I commit to putting ass cream on my face for at least two weeks and will keep you posted at the first sign of success.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmn... i've always wondered whether that worked. thanks for taking up the expirement and i can't wait to hear the results.

John said...

Preparation H works for puffy eyes??? GREAT!!! Now what am I supposed to do with this anti-puffy eye cream?

Jenni said...

Well, at least you got the "unscented" kind, that way you won't walk around all day smelling like medicated ass...hmmm...medicated ass...sounds like a new fragrance by Brittney Spears.

Heather said...

haha I remembering asking my mom what preparation H was for when I was a little one!

Can't wait see see the results!

Michele sent me.

Anonymous said...

at least you bought a NEW tube ;)

here via michele's.

Lynda said...

OMG! I visited your site from Shelli's links and this is the funniest thing I have read all day!

I am only 32 and I have puffy eyes, but I know I don't get enough sleep.

Good luck with the research!

Running2Ks said...

Your commitment is astounding :)

Kim said...

my aunt swears by the stuff for mosquito bites...should be interesting to see if it works for puffy eyes too.