Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Weirdness

A little bit ago, Danika wrote a wierdlist where she had to name five weird things about herself. As I was reading it, I thought..."Wow, there are so many weird things about me, I could never narrow it down to five." So here's just one. Kind of weird, but really just twisted. And I have shamelessly taught my little girl (the 10 year-old) the twistedness of my personality, and now she is also just as twisted.
My older daughter is 14 and, although she IS a teenager, she's a bit of a goody-goody (well at least in this stage of my denial, I'm insisting that she is). If the story weren't somewhat implausible it wouldn't be funny. Anyway, the other night she asked if she could walk to Starbuck's with her friends, one particular friend named Michael who she is sort of digging right now. While she was gone, my little girl and I ran some errands, a couple of which were in the same shopping center as Starbuck's. We took a verrryyy slow drive past Starbuck's to see if we could spy on her a bit, like maybe they were sitting outside at a table? You never know. No luck. They must have been inside because we couldn't see them anywhere. The conversation that followed went like this...keep in mind that this conversation came out of our mouths without even thinking twice and neither one of us even cracked a smile. Sadly, this is the weirdness that just comes naturally to us...

Me: I don't see her. Do you see her?
J: Nope. (pause) She's probably inside making out with Michael.
Me: Yeah. Between bong hits.
J. Yeah.

4 comments:

John said...

What's really weird is when you click on Danika's link you end up at Microsoft.com...check out the nerd in the glasses, I think his name's Bill.

Anonymous said...

that just cracked me up. i think it's so sweet the relationship you have with your daughter.

Dale Challener Roe said...

Michele sent me...

Kudos on your denial about your daughter. My step-daughter just turned 10 and has curves that turn 15-year-old's heads. I'm getting my shotgun and my denial ready for puberty.

Lynda said...

lol.

That sounds like me and my dad.