Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Blogging Brilliance 6.28.05

First I have to say that thanks to Marie, I now have "It's a Sunshine Day", from the Brady Bunch stuck in my head. It's been playing on my computer (thank God it's looped!) for the last twenty minutes. I'm pathetic.

Since I'm still feeling pretty brain dead (see previous statement), I'm trying to make this easy on myself and just answer a question for this post...

What would I be willing to die for?

For me, that's pretty easy...my family. But I would also be willing to die for my beliefs. I wish I could say that I would be willing to die for my friends, but having two little girls to take care of, can I really make that statement?
Why my beliefs and not my friends? I'm not even sure I can articulate this, but mainly because part of my beliefs is a lesson to my girls that you have to choose what it is that you're made of. I can't stand apathy. Can't stand people who have no opinions, feelings, passions. Why bother?

I worked for about 120 hours today and again, I'm fried, so I'm probably making no sense, but I want to hear what you guys have to say, too...

What would you be willing to die for?

7 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Steph,
Thanks for the mention. :-) Yes, that song is quite catchy. I played it a moment ago when I was talking to my sister...just to torture her. I'm sure she'll have pleasant dreams now.

I admire you for being willing to die for your beliefs. I don't think I've heard too many people say that, actually. You make a good point about apathy.

I would die for any one of my immediate family members...without a doubt.

Charlie Mc said...

I would die for family, a wife (if I had one), and for a cause that would benefit many many people after I died.

Jenni said...

DAMNIT Steph! Now I'm going to have that Stinkin song in my head ALL DAY!
What would I die for...I can't truthfully answer that question at this moment. I'd die for world peace. There. You'd think I was a contestant on the Miss America Pagent...Wait, oh, and to "end world hunger..."
However, right now I'd die to go back to bed...

Anonymous said...

That's a tough question. Though I love my family, I think the only person I wouldn't hesitate to die for is my brother. I'd do anything for him. And I'd give my life to protect innocent children.

Kat said...

"my beliefs" is sort of a cop out answer, I mean which "beliefs." I believe a lot of things I wouldn't die over.

I believe that the world is round, if a guy put a gun to my head, I would say no it isn't.

But, seriously, I believe in a lot of things quite passionately, but I wouldn't die for them.

But on the bright side, I wouldn't kill for them either.

Anonymous said...

I would die for my any or all of my kids...and for Jesus. He died for me.

erl said...

i would die for my parents.