Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Farewell, Shmarewell...

I'm sitting here watching the Eagles Farewell I Tour. Seems like ten years ago, I paid $250 per ticket to their Hell Freezes Over Comeback Tour. Wouldn't that have been preceded by Farewell I? I don't know. Don Henley said tonight that he can't believe that people don't see that as tongue in cheek humor. I don't even care, I am just so diggin' sitting here listening to the Eagles singing Deperado live. Take It To The Limit was pretty cool, too. They're playing all of the old favorites.

But holy crap - what happened to Joe Walsh? That guy has hit some hard times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Eagles!! I'm sad I missed that. Say what?? Joe Walsh looks like crap? Gee, do ya s'pose it has anything to do the fact he's been a member of the Eagles for like half a century?! ;)

Jenni said...

Owwww...Blonde Moment Approaching. Ahem...(quietly)who are the Eagles?
I've heard of them, but I don't know exactly what they sing.

Steph said...

Jen, I don't think it's a blonde moment, I think it's an age thing. You have to be into classic rock (1970's) to know who they are. But I'm sure you've heard Hotel California, right?!

Charlie Mc said...

I thought it was a great concert on NBC last night. Can't wait until the DVD comes out.

In my opinion, the talent of each of the members of the Eagles is the closest we've ever come to the talent of the Beatles...but not quite.

Jenni said...

OH! DUH! Ok, I know that song...I guess I'm just not "familiar" with all their songs.

Unknown said...

I had a shitty job around their last tour that was next to culver studios. The fedex guy and I made friends and one day I walked on the lot with him to see the Eagles rehearsing for their tour.

It was awesome.

I still owe that guy a handjob.

supplymadam said...

Joe Walsh's years of drinking sure got the the best of him. He still looks ravaged but he actually looks better since he quit drinking.You think he looks old now,5 years ago he looked like he was 80 yrs old.
Don Henley put on a few #'s. Looks like Glen Frye looks about the same. Love the Eagles! They said they will start nimbering thier farewell tours. If Linda Ronstadt was still with them then we could rank on her too.