Monday, June 13, 2005

Steph Got PROMOTED!!!

...and it's about frickin' time!!

Today it became official...a promotion I've been waiting a very long time for finally came through. I've been working for this company for almost two years, making less than shit (really, when I open my paychecks, there's no dollar amount, it just says "shit"), waiting for an opportunity such as this, and I finally got it. I seriously would not have hung this long with the company if I didn't think it would pay off someday and now it finally will!!

My favorite comment of congratulations came from my stepmom, Kate. I come from a long line of highly successful, self-employed over-achievers, and I've just never been one. I was a nurse, a minister, etc...all feel-good jobs where money was just not important. When I called Kate with the good news, she told me how happy and proud she was, and then said, "You know...in our family, we're all such capitalist pigs, but we felt okay about that because we thought we just needed one do-gooder in the bunch and that was you. Now you're a capitalist pig like us - a capitalist piglet! (since I'm the youngest)" Yup - that's me! :)

Yeah for Steph!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy WINS-day piglet! I'm proud of you!!!

Jenni said...

Oh shit, girl, I don't know if you know what you're getting into...but CONGRATS! I am so happy for you and yes, you're going to definatley LOVE the paycheck!
If you need any tips or pointers of how to work with car guys just let me know. Just remember; They are all drama queens, each and every one of them. As I describe it, It's like catering for the Miss America pagent 24/7. Sometimes it's not pretty, but if you're there for them, and you don't take their shit, they'll respect you all the more!

Darcey said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! There's nothing more satisfying than finally getting a promotion that's been overdue. :)

erl said...

WOOOOO CONGRATS!

Charlie Mc said...

This Bud's for you! haha Great News!