Sunday, June 26, 2005

I'm brain dead...But tonight is lookin' good!!

Holy crap, I'm fried. I started my new job and fell off the face of the earth. I cannot believe how this new job is consuming my life. Jen, how do you do it? I've never had to work to make sales goals before. I've always had jobs that were goal-oriented, but my paycheck has never depended on it. Now that it does, I have become a machine. Being a capitalist pig is no easy gig (if this doesn't work out, I could always go into writing Dr. Seuss books, I guess).

All I know is tonight I'm taking a break!! I'm going to see one of my all time favorite bands - JOURNEY!!! I can't wait. I'm pulling out the old CD's and packing up the tailgating supplies, because what is a Journey concert without the white trash tailgate? They don't have Steve Perry with them but from what I hear, the new guy sounds just like him.

This brings back a funny memory from when I was 16. My older sister hasn't always been so conservative - she was actually a wild woman in high school and she took me to a Journey concert at the Rose Bowl one summer, you know the kind that goes on all day with festival seating? I think Blue Oyster Cult was actually there. :) Anyway, we were separated at one point and I was walking around on the lawn looking for her and there was a group of people throwing girls up on a trampoline made out of a blanket. Remember those? So I walk by and one of them spots me. I was even smaller in high school (as my friend Scott puts it, probably 90 pounds soaking wet with change in my pocket), and I guess after throwing much heavier girls in the air all day, I looked like a nice break, so one of them yells, "Grab THAT girl!" Next thing I know they're throwing me in the middle of the blanket and heaving me 25 feet up into the air, at the same time barking orders at me about the safest way to land. It was a riot. Isn't it funny how when we're young, things like broken necks or even a broken leg never cross our minds? All I knew was I was flyin' and loving it!! Good times. Hard to believe that was 22 years ago! God, I'm old. You know part of me is secretly hoping someone spots me and says, "Hey! Isn't that the chick from the blanket at the Rose Bowl?" :) I'll proudly acknowledge that, yes, it's me...

I hope every one else is having a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. Have fun! :)

Jenni said...

I'll tell you what it takes Steph.
It takes tough skin, and some good alcohol at the end of the day...that's exactly what it takes. Oh, and a good attitude and all that other fun shit that goes along with being both you and me! You'll be fine and you'll do GREAT!

erl said...

oh my god i am SO jealous that you get to see journey. love love love them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your life if full of great memories! They're fun to hear. I hope you made some new ones tonight...I'm jealous too! I love Journey!!

Anonymous said...

...oops! that was s'posed to say 'is' full...

Charlie Mc said...

we missed you!

erl said...

journey rules!