Monday, April 18, 2005

Attack of the Killer Green Make-Up

I'm not a huge TV fan, but unfortunately the shows I do watch, I can't get enough of. One of them is Law & Order. I can watch it ten times a day if I have the chance (and if I ever stay home from work, I do, considering they play it on TNT at least that many times). I'm a huge fan of the original and I'm sure I've seen every episode at least a couple times - I never get sick of it! As soon as hear the "buh-bom" I already know I've seen it. I cried when Jerry Orbach died like he was a relative.
I think they've made some poor casting choices in recent years (that blonde ADA, Serena...and how about the one right now with the way annoying voice? I don't even know her name), but I'm loyal. I decided to boycott SVU when it first came out, as a display of solidarity to Briscoe and Curtis, who were the cops on the original at the time, but eventually got hooked on that one too. I even got hooked on Criminal Intent after I finally gave it a chance, and it's not that easy to watch that main guy when he's thinking hard.
So I decided to give Trial by Jury a chance this last Friday night (which probably cements my spot in the 'Get a Life' Hall of Fame), mainly because it was a continuation from the original series which aired on Wednesday where Det. Greene got shot. The main ADA is Bebe Neuwirth. I loved her on Cheers, even though she also has an annoying voice. I honestly could not even concentrate on the show because her face was green! At first I thought it was some bad angle, or maybe my TV, but no...I checked out every other woman on the show and they looked fine. Really nice and healthy. Every time they would cut to her face, I swear, it was green! It's like someone at the Clinique counter told her that if she puts that funky colored yellow and green make-up on, it will take ten years off her age. Has anyone ever fallen for that and actually bought the yellow and green make-up? Apparently Bebe has. Again, I ask...doesn't anyone love her enough to say, "No, Bebe. That's the make-up you wore for the horror flick. Here, try this one." I think I may have just found the one off-shoot of Law & Order that I actually can't watch. I'm too distracted by her green face, wondering if she showed up for work on the wrong set that morning.

No comments: