Friday, April 08, 2005

Pet Peeve #3

Not to keep harping on pet peeves, but here's another one...people who don't say thank you when you open the door for them. I will open a door for someone - male or female - if I get there first, and it drives me crazy when I do that for someone and they can't even say thanks. I must admit, women are the worst offenders. My building has a lot of long hallways with separating doors and to get around anywhere, you're walking through three or four doors. There is almost no courtesy from some women in this building. It's almost as if they expect it. Maybe they do...some men are very chivalrous and won't allow a woman to open their own door. I'm okay with that, too. But do they expect it from another woman? Drives me nuts.

1 comment:

Charlie Mc said...

Take it from a man, women DO expect it and they rarely say thank you. I thought it was only a NY thing, the rudeness....I guess not!