Monday, April 25, 2005

Honey.....I'm Hoooome...

I'm back from what was probably the best trip of my entire life! That's saying a lot, trust me. I went all the way to New York and did basically nothing - no Ground Zero, no Central Park, no Statue of Liberty, no hard core shopping - and it was the time of my life. I have one brother who lives in SOHO and the other in the East Village and I'm not sure I left those ten square blocks the entire trip. In fact, the most shopping I did was to buy a T-Shirt from Yellow Rat Bastard, just because I wanted to be able to say I shopped at a store called Yellow Rat Bastard (hey, you can't say that in CA!).

I did learn a lot, however...
  • That my brother John has some of the coolest friends on Earth, and if I lived there I would never leave either.
  • That I have some of the coolest friends on Earth, and I was lucky enough to have a couple of them come visit me while I was there. I definitely need to get to the East Coast more often.
  • That Johnny has become so much more relaxed, is no longer over-protective, and has finally realized that I'm a big girl.
  • That my younger brother Jarod is really getting a kick out of taking over as the Protective Big Brother, and did a stellar job with hysterical results.
  • That when Jarod saves me from myself and a 24 year old puppy dog groupie, just say thanks and smile (even if the 24 year old groupie happens to be really hot).
  • That even though the three of us didn't technically grow up together (Jarod is our step brother), and we certainly were not born into any kind of blood pact, there are certain things that we will undoubtedly take to our graves. No matter what. What do they say, "What happens in New York..." yeah, you know the rest.

2 comments:

Charlie Mc said...

Welcome Back! Glad you had fun here in da' Big Apple! :)

Bridget Unnel said...

"Yellow Rat Bastard"? You got an address for that? LOL!!