Friday, April 29, 2005

Open Mouth...Insert Foot

God, I hate when I do this...I was driving back from lunch today with my friend Elizabeth (she went with me to pick up my new "Rehab is for Quitters" T-Shirt). Elizabeth is your steroetypical beautiful blonde southern California girl. The kind with long blonde hair, who actually looks beautiful without makeup. I would never have pegged her as a geek. So we're driving along and we passed a white SUV with stickers on the back from a local high school. It had a cheerleading emblem on one side of the back window and a colorguard emblem on the other. Now I don't know about your high school, but the lowest life form at mine was the colorguard (and maybe the ROTC). Anyway, I notice the emblem and say to Elizabeth, "Were there any bigger losers at your high school than the colorguard losers?" And of course she responds, "I was in the colorguard!" and then tops it off with "Well...that and ROTC." Crap.

4 comments:

:| raven |: said...

hehe ... i HATE when that happens. poor elizabeth!

and yes, it was that way at my school too. The Flag Team ... were all the girls who didn't make cheerleader or pom pon girl or dance team. LOL

we didn't have ROTC.

Charlie Mc said...

That is pretty funny! :)

I'm sure she figured you were just making chit chat,,,,

sarahshep said...

Sounds like one of those Jerry Springer shows..."Look At Me Now!!"

Thanks for the thought on my blog dear!!!

Heff said...

'Sup y'all ?