Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Pet Peeve #2

You know what really makes me mad? That every time I drive through a fast food place, I get served diet instead of regular Coke! I admit I'm an addict. I admit that I'm powerless to my problem and my life has become unmanageable. I drink Coke in the morning like most people drink coffee. I HAVE to have it or I don't feel quite right. I even avoid fast food restaurants where I know they serve Pepsi - it's that bad. I also don't like Coke out of a can first thing in the morning. It's okay in desperation any other time of day, but first thing in the morning, I need it from a fountain. Here's the problem with that...since I'm inherently lazy and don't want to get out of my car, I'm relying on the woman at the drive through window, who invariable gives me diet. I'm not a big person - I've been told I belong on a keychain. What is it about my 5'1'', 95 lb. frame that makes her think I need diet? Or is she just so used to women ordering diet that we've all been lumped together? But I'm an optimist, and I continue to think they can handle it. So even though I drive through, I end up having to park and get out of my car to correct the situation. I just don't think buying a morning beverage should be so much work.

2 comments:

Charlie Mc said...

They should be bulking you up with shakes at 5'1 95lbs! I wrote a blog last month on drive thrus, I despise them!

Anonymous said...

I used to love Diet Coke, and then I stopped drinking it for a few years. When I had it again recently, it was definitely a "what was I thinking?" moment.

When I bartended, I always had girls order "Captain-and-diet-cokes." Explain that one. :p