Friday, May 06, 2005

Annoying People

I love to tell stories and I find it very hard to do so in 50 words or less. I realize this. But do you ever find yourself listening to someone tell a story that has absolutely no value and they make it last for like an hour?
I was out last night with some friends and this guy starts telling a story that I had no interest in whatsoever. It was really self-serving, so he was basically just bragging about whatever. I'm not rude, I can hang for the first 30 minutes or so, but at one point he actually said, "To make a long story short..." And I yelled, "TOO LATE!!!" (Did I just say I'm not rude? Oops.)

9 comments:

Charlie Mc said...

It's VERY annoying. I have someone at work that tells the same story every day for the past year. This person comes into my office and NEVER leaves. I can be on the phone, typing, reading, and they still keep rambling, not taking the hint that I have NO interest whatsoever! I feel your pain! :)

sarahshep said...

Ha...I usually just zone out when people do that...it isn't so bad if you're not listening. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey give the guy a break! He's a male after all...more interested in sounding interesting than actually doing the work it takes to BE interesting.

erl said...

LOL! I'm using that from now on. i like. plus im blogrolling you, fyi.

Bridget Unnel said...

I'm too intimidated by the thought of leaving too long a reply to actually reply. ;)

Steph said...

Alright! I've been bloggrolled! Do I smoke a cigarette now? :)
Thanks!

And Bridget - I gotta say...that one cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that story a tiny bit self serving itself? How about that all blog?

Steph said...

Good point.

Shannon akaMonty said...

I ALWAYS yell "TOO LATE!" when someone says that... :)

But I am unabashedly rude by nature.