Sunday, May 15, 2005

Blogging Brilliance 5.15.05

I'm shamelessly stealing this idea from another blog and just sort of adapting it. I saw three questions on someone else's blog and literally lists of them on someone else's and I thought they were cool. Can't do a list or even three at a time, but I can do one at a time.

I'll ask the question and give my answers, but I want to hear everyone else's too.

I'll start with one that allows all of us to be egocentric...


TELL ME THREE THINGS THAT YOU LOVE ABOUT YOURSELF...

Here are mine.
1. I love that I have the ability to find humor in everything, and my outlook on life often helps people I care about to take life a little less seriously also.

2. I love that I'm not just happy but truly joyful. People who are just happy are constantly searching and striving to hang onto that which makes them happy. Joyful people have it regardless of their circumstances, possessions, or relationships.

3. I love that I'm a great mom. I don't take that lightly or for granted. And I'm not making it up, I promise! :) I get that piece of info from my kids, the only one's whose opinions really matter. I realize, however, that that may come and go depending on their perception of me. Here's a conversation that took place yesterday between me and my 14 year old (when I was pondering this very question, by the way)...
My cell phone rings as I'm pulling into my neighborhood, my 14 year old is just dragging herself out of bed...

14 Year Old Punk: Hi Mommy. Will you stop by Juice Stop and get me a #15?
Steph: No, I'm already pulling in. By the way, how would you rate me as a mom on a scale of 1 to 10?
P: Are you kidding?
S: No, seriously, how would you rate me, 10 being the best. You can be honest.
P: A 10, duh.
S: Really?! How sweet! Thanks, baby! (All smiles!)
P: Are you kidding? You're a great mom. Wanna know how you can be a 20?
S: Yeah!
P: Stop by Juice Stop and get me a #15.

I also love that some guy at a BBQ last night thought I was 25 years old, but that's beside the point.

Okay, I want to hear yours...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw that's a great conversation between you and your daughter! Stopping by via Michele's Weekend MnG!

Three things I love about myself are:
1. My ability to keep a positive outlook no matter what
2. My determination
3. My loyalty that means not only do I have a great family but I have great friends too.

Mrs. Darling said...

I like that I'm self confident, have gobs of friends, and that I'm generally loved by all.

Star said...

Hi Steph. I'm here via Michele's M&G.Regarding your previous post- I have heard of two Buck Chucks and have heard good things about it. Can't get in in Pa. due to our antiquated State Liquor Control Board System. I lok for it when I travel. Guess I;ll have to amke it out to Ca.!

:| raven |: said...

what a great post, Steph. great conversation with your child ... being a good mom is a wonderful thing .. not all parents can achieve that kind of relationship with their kids .. especially in the teenage years.

Charlie Mc said...

hmmmmm......

Here is what I love about me:

1) I love that I do my best to make an impact on the lives of people I know or people come in contact with.

2) I love that when I really want to accomplish something, nothing gets in my way and I make it happen.

3) I love that I can make others laugh regularly, but most of all that I can laugh at myself.

Dawn said...

What do I love about me????

1. I am truthful
2. I love to help people
3. I am always willing to learn new things

I am here via Michele

sarahshep said...

:) I am giddy early in the morning...which is always fun to wake up to the morning after with your friends!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm here via Michele.

Three things I love about me: I'm smart, I'm loyal as an old dog and I know how to have fun.

Anonymous said...

GREAT question Steph! This is neither useless nor drivel...okay here's my three.
1)I love that I'm a dad. It's a deep joy to love unconditionally.
2)I love that I know the meaning of laughter (thanks in no small way to people like you!).
3)I love that I'm not afraid to be an unimpressive, incompetent moron anymore.

Crazy Single Mom said...

oh those were fun!!! I love reading things like that. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Anonymous said...

hey there, thanks for dropping by,

I think it;s great that you can say, yes, I love myself, cause I certainly do!

erl said...

#1 my sense of humor
#2 that i have found awesome friends
#3 that i have for the most part found inner peace

Steph said...

Thanks for your answers everyone!

John - look at you not being anonymous anymore!! :)

WordWhiz said...

Wow...this is a tough one, but I figure it will be an ego booster, so here goes:

1. I love that I have a great, close reltionship with my teenage daughter. You have two chances in life to have a great mother/daughter relationship. My mother and I were not close. Maybe that's why I concentrated on making sure my daughter and I are.

2. I love that I don't have that revenge instinct. I very rarely feel the need to "get back at" someone. Unless they hurt my kids. Do something to any of them, and you will see a side of me you don't like. (It's scary!)

3. I like that I have a questioning nature; I don't take things at face value and I like to hear opposing sides.

Jenni said...

1). I love that I have this uncanny knack to make people laugh.
2). I love how I always give people the benefit of the doubt and treat everyone with respect. (Unless they call me Ma'am ha-ha).
3). I love that people I see often call me "Sunshine" and tell me that they're glad to see me. This makes me believe that I truly have a positive impact on people and I love that!