Friday, May 13, 2005

A Fun Filled Friday Night with the Fabulous Fearless Flyer

Yup. Boy do I know how to party. I've always known I was an exceptionally social and fun loving human being. And what says that louder than a Friday night at home with my Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer, which I have not only read from cover to cover on this beautiful and exciting Friday night, but actually taken the time to circle items that I just don't get.

For example, the Par-Baked Half Ciabatta. ?? You got me.

Cocktail Tomatoes on the Vine. Okay, I get that they're tomatoes, but cocktail? I've heard of Cocktail Parties, Cocktail Sauce, Molotov Cocktails, even Cocktail Weenies. But Cocktail Tomatoes? Are they going to make my martini's taste a little healthier?

Organic Sparkling Lemonade. Who cares? Apparently, this lemonade was made in small batches, maybe so every little lemon felt valued.

The worst part about this week's Fearless Flyer is that it only has two bottles of wine on sale. That's barely worth opening. Usually you get at least two or three pages. If I make a trip all the way out there, I'll probably pick up one of each (remember...I DO know how to party, after all), but I'll probably just stock up on the Two-Buck Chuck. I realize that in most parts of the country it's Three-Buck Chuck, but the fact that it's a dollar per bottle less here is the only thing that's keeping my spirits up about my Fun Filled Friday Night with the Fabulous Fearless Flyer. Hope you guys are all having as much fun as me!

9 comments:

Thumper said...

Hey, your Friday evening sounds as exciting as mine. I sat and stared at the TV for 2 hours... To be fair, I was watching recorded episodes of The Daily Show with my son, and I'd never seen it before, and now wish 'd been watching it all along, but stll...

Here via Michele's Meet N Greet!

Zee said...

Does sound exciting! LOL! Cocktail tomatoes... is that what I have in my kitchen?

via Michele's!

Anonymous said...

you coulda called me!

Jenni said...

Hey! I'm DRINKING organic sparkling lemonade right now! Is it Lorina? If it is buy some...it's wonerful! As for Friday night at home....I'm nursing a mild hangover from my Friday night. Be glad you were where you were :)
We're FINALLY getting a Trader Joes here in MN...I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot about Trader Joe's, but never had the pleasure of visiting one. We have Whole Foods...wondering if they are similar?

Your Friday night sounds every bit as exciting as mine, if that helps. :-)

Michele sent me!

Mrs. Darling said...

Hey my Friday night was spent cathing up on Oprah and Dr Phil via satellite dish because I missed them at their regular time slot on the local tv. I had 11 kids here for 6 hours yesterday and I jsut wanted to veg. Have a good one. Here via micheles.

erl said...

aggggh! trader joe's!!

Charlie Mc said...

so far so good this weekend! :)

Kimberly said...

Hi Steph,

When we moved from California to Washington, the price of 'Chuck' in our nearest TJ's went from two to three bucks... but the rest of our cost of living went down so much that I didn't care at all. Californians deserve that 33% price break on something.

I'm here from Michele's M&G.